Provost's OfficeHispanic Alliance for Talented Students (H.A.T.S.)
- Academic Appeals
- Academic Support
- Class Recordings (HB 233) - Faculty Info
- Faculty Senate
- Faculty/Student Evaluation
- Faculty Workload Resources
- Hispanic Alliance for Talented Students (H.A.T.S.)
- Open Education Resources
- Travel/Professional Development Funding
- LIVE AFTER 5
- Textbook Affordability
- TCC School District
The TCC Hispanic Alliance for Talented Students (H.A.T.S.) is a newly launched opportunity that promotes intercultural understanding and empowerment for Hispanic students. This program launches a new cohort of Hispanic students each academic year term and encourages students from the Leon, Gadsden, Wakulla, or surrounding counties (within the state of Florida) to join. These students will matriculate at TCC together as they are placed in similar courses and activities that engage them in career building and goal-setting enrichment sessions, and allows the opportunity to participate in many more empowering initiatives.
As the cohort progresses throughout the academic year, students of this program will be provided holistic support through being paired with committed mentors. Additionally, the students will be highly encouraged to join other TCC organizations that will help build and enhance their resumes.
To apply to the program a student is required to:
- Be of Hispanic descent
- Be a high school graduate from Leon, Gadsden, or Wakulla County (students from other counties in the state of Florida are encouraged to still apply)
- Show a high school GPA of 2.5 or higher -OR- College Level ACT/SAT scores
- Complete the TCC Admissions Application
- Complete the FAFSA form for the proper academic year associated with the start of the program
Applications are closed for the 2023-2024 academic year. An announcement will be provided in August 2023 regarding the next application window.
For any questions, please feel free to contact the faculty advisor:
- Dr. David Valladares | Email: email@example.com | Phone: (850) 201-9876