Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Heating Technology, PSAV Certificate
The Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Heating Technology, PSAV Certificate provides hands-on training to help prepare students to enter the HVAC field or, for those already in the HVAC field that want to continue their education.
Overview / Requirements
Program Overview & Requirements
To prepare students to enter employment in the HVAC field or, for those already in the HVAC field, to continue their education. Students will be trained to become HVAC helpers, mechanic assistants, mechanics or technicians and will explore the various career options to determine what exit point best fits their needs. Students will complete the requirements to receive an OSHA 1926 - 10-hour Safety card in the first course of the program. Students will acquire the skills needed to successfully complete industry-recognized certifications, including Environmental Protection Agency certification, which in this industry is typically used for employability purposes. The program is also aligned with industry-recognized certifications provided by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
Note: This program will be offered at the TCC Gadsden Center in Quincy.
Note: This is an evening program.
1,350 clock hours
Standard high school diploma or GED diploma. Must be at least 17 years of age, and must turn 18 years of age before the end of the first semester in the program.
Note: Students must take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) within the first semester of enrollment in the program or present evidence of allowable substitute. (Learn more .) In order to successfully complete the program, students must earn a score of 9.0 or higher in TABE language and reading and must earn a score of 10.0 or higher in TABE mathematics.
(850) 201-8760 or firstname.lastname@example.org
View Information about Graduation Requirements and Year of Entry .
- ACR0041 A/C, Refrigeration and Heating Helper 0 credit hour(s) 250 clock hour(s)
- ACR0043 A/C, Refrigeration and Heating Mechanic Assistant 0 credit hour(s) 250 clock hour(s)
- ACR0047 A/C, Refrigeration and Heating Mechanic 1 0 credit hour(s) 250 clock hour(s)
- ACR0049 A/C, Refrigeration and Heating Mechanic 2 0 credit hour(s) 250 clock hour(s)
- ACR0044 A/C, Refrigeration and Heating Technician 0 credit hour(s) 350 clock hour(s)