Are You Ready for TCC2FAMU?
TCC2FAMU provides a seamless transfer to FAMU with an Associate in Arts degree from TCC. Limited access programs at FAMU will have additional admission requirements to be admitted to the specific program.
TCC and FAMU created TCC2FAMU to help you transfer to FAMU and earn a bachelors degree with no loss of time, money, or credit.
What is TCC2FAMU?
TCC2FAMU is a transfer program that supports students in their endeavor to graduate with the Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree from Tallahassee Community College and transfer to FAMU to receive baccalaureate degree. Academic, social and transfer student support services are provided, including benefits to enhance continued efforts of expanding the transfer experience. Personalized advising and electronic tools help show you exactly which classes you need to take while at TCC. Those classes will not only transfer to FAMU, but will directly apply to your choice of major, making it possible to start at FAMU as a junior with at least 60 credit hours.
Who can join?
- Students who intend to complete the A.A. at TCC with an interest in transferring to FAMU. The A.A. is a degree that helps students complete the first 60 credits of a bachelor’s program. These must be tailored for intended transfer majors at FAMU.
- Students who have completed 30 credits or less. If you are in high school, your dual enrolled credits count.
TCC2FAMU: How can you join?
- If you were not able to choose to join TCC2FAMU on the TCC Admissions Application, please follow the steps listed below:
- Sign into Workday
- Click on Apps
- Click on TCC Forms & choose Submit New Form
- Scroll down to TCC2 & submit TCC2 Program Application
- FAMU on-campus engagement opportunities through the Ignite Card
- Click here to be directed to the scholarship requirements and deadlines for the Florida Community College Scholarship offered by FAMU.
- One-on-one advising, academic planning, and opportunities to connect with respective FAMU advisors.
- Receive the latest TCC2FAMU updates by signing up to the college app called MYTCC
FAMU IGNITE/Gym Membership
TCC2FAMU students must have a 3.0 GPA to receive an IGNITE card. Grade point average can be verified by a student's final high school transcript (if this Is their first time in college) or TCC transcript if they've completed the 1st semester.
Student GPA will be verified and information will be sent to FAMU by the 4th week of the semester.
Eligible TCC2FAMU students, with an IGNITE Card, can also purchase a discounted gym/recreational center membership pass as an independent patron at FAMU's Recreational Center.
For more information regarding both the IGNITE Card/FAMU GYM Membership, please email FAMU IGNITE Transfer Specialist at John Tornes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I contact an advisor?
- All students have a TCC academic advisor, assigned to help with registration and career or major exploration. Click TCC Advisor Connection in Workday to find yours.
- For TCC2 Program questions, please email email@example.com
Checklist for Students
- Have you learned the FAMU program admission requirements for your major? These include specified coursework, GPA requirements, and any additional special requirements such as test scores. If not, please refer to the FAMU undergraduate programs and review the program descriptions to understand that there will be some differences in your general education/liberal studies requirements since you are starting your academic career at TCC.
- Have you completed an educational plan that shows you can finish the course work within the recommended three-year time frame, including any prerequisites and developmental coursework?
- Do you understand that TCC2FAMU benefits are for students who complete the AA degree from TCC? Transferring before your AA degree is 100% complete has no additional benefit.
- Do you understand that your admissions and transcript information will be shared between FAMU and TCC and any information provided may be retained in the records of both institutions?
- Do you understand the benefits of satisfying the TCC2FAMU requirements?
- Do you understand that in nearing completion of your AA at TCC you must meet all applicable FAMU requirements and deadlines pertaining to application for admission, residency, and registration?
- It is strongly suggested that you seek academic advisement at TCC each semester to ensure that you are staying on track and completing the appropriate courses.
- Do you understand that if you have taken coursework from private or non-Florida public colleges or universities and you want to have the coursework considered for use at TCC and FAMU, you must have these courses evaluated and approved prior to use in your AA degree? You should submit all transcripts to TCC prior to enrollment and work with a TCC Advisor at New Student Orientation to learn how your courses will transfer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I sign up for TCC2FAMU?
There are multiple benefits, but the primary goal of the program is to facilitate your educational and career success. TCC2FAMU students have access to special tools and resources, and are invited to special events at FAMU. Once your AA degree at TCC is complete you can seamlessly transition to FAMU as a true junior, without loss of time, money, or credit. This program is especially attractive to military students and federal financial aid recipients who may have time and dollar limits on completing their degree.
NOTE: Limited access majors at FAMU are not guaranteed, but TCC2FAMU students will have the same access to apply as those students who started as freshmen at FAMU.
- One-on-one advising with transfer-focused TCC and FAMU advisors
- Support for students who plan on applying for one of FAMU’s competitive limited-access programs
- Special transfer scholarships available
Can I complete an AA at TCC and do an FAMU online program?
Yes, if you are in a TCC2FAMU and your desired major is offered through FAMU Online, all credits taken for at TCC will apply to the FAMU online program the same way they would for the on-the-ground program.
Degree and Major Advising
How do I know if the program I am interested in at FAMU is limited access and/or requires an application in addition to the FAMU transfer application?
Explore FAMU's Undergraduate Programs to learn more about each program (non-limited access and limited-access) such as pre-requisites, requirements and admission procedures.
What if I am undecided and don't know my major yet?
Can I change my major once I sign up for TCC2FAMU?
Yes, students can change their transfer major while at TCC, without resetting the TCC2FAMU start date. Please keep in mind different majors have different requirements, so changing majors may result in additional coursework, and thus, additional time to complete the AA and pre-requisite coursework.
Admission into FAMU
How do I qualify for TCC2FAMU?
Students must enroll at TCC as an AA degree-seeking student with plans to transfer to FAMU after earning an AA degree.
NOTE: The program does not apply to students who attempt to transfer before earning their AA degree at TCC.
How long will it take to get to FAMU?
It is highly recommended students take classes full-time to complete the AA at TCC as majors and programs and FAMU may change requirements. Full-time students who take 12-15 credit hours per semester can anticipate finishing the AA degree in two years. Students may take classes part-time, with the understanding will take longer than two years to earn the 60-credit hour AA at TCC.
Will I still have to apply for admission to FAMU even though I completed the TCC application?
Yes. You should apply to FAMU after earning 45 college credits. Apply through FAMU's Transfer Admissions webpage. Be sure to pay attention to deadlines and specific program requirements.
Do I just complete the list of TCC AA degree courses or are there any other requirements about which I should be aware?
How can I meet with an FAMU representative in-person?
FAMU Advisors are regularly available in TCC’s Advising Center in the Student Union. To see when FAMU Advisors will be available, please refer to the . In addition, TCC hosts FAMU Day where representatives from most of FAMU’s degree programs are present on TCC’s campus to meet with students each Fall and Spring semester.
What if I have dual enrollment, AP, IB, or CLEP credits?
If you bring in accelerated credits (dual enrollment, AP or IB), those classes must meet university milestones as classes in the degree program. You should submit all transcripts and test scores (sent directly from the testing agency) to TCC prior to enrollment and work with a TCC Advisor at New Student Orientation to learn how your courses will transfer.
What if I have taken courses at other colleges or universities?
If you have taken coursework from private or non-Florida public colleges or universities and you want to have the coursework considered for use at TCC and FAMU, you must have these courses evaluated and approved prior to use in your AA degree. You should submit all transcripts to TCC prior to enrollment and work with a TCC Advisor at New Student Orientation to learn how your courses will transfer.
Can I transfer to another university besides FAMU?
The TCC2FAMU is part of an exclusive partnership between the TCC and Florida A&M University. Click to view our other transfer options.
Financial & Aid
How much does it cost to be part of TCC2FAMU?
There is no additional cost to participate in the TCC2FAMU program. While you are at TCC, you will just need to pay TCC tuition and fees. After you transition to FAMU, you will pay FAMU tuition and fees.
What if I have concerns about paying for a university degree?
The TCC2FAMU is designed to help you reduce the time and costs associated with completion of your associate’s and bachelor’s degrees by providing a clear guide explaining all the requirements. TCC2FAMU students receive reminders about when to apply for admission and financial aid, and other helpful communications about scholarship programs. There are also a limited amount of TCC2FAMU scholarship opportunities available each semester.
Other Student Types
Can international students sign up for TCC2FAMU?
Yes, international students are eligible to enroll and participate in the TCC2FAMU, however, there are several important points to consider: International students need to be aware that the “guaranteed admission” benefit of the TCC2FAMU assumes that the student meets all the general requirements for admission to the university.
Credits earned at a foreign institution that may potentially apply to the AA at TCC and must be reviewed by TCC Admissions and Records staff for transferability as well as applicability to specific requirements so that the student will know in advance how those credits apply.
How does TCC2FAMU work for readmission students?
Students who have previously attended FAMU and are now at a TCC can sign up for a TCC2FAMU, but readmission students need to follow any new requirements when they are ready to reapply to FAMU.
What if I want to transfer before I complete my AA degree?
FAMU does accept applications from transfer students with less than 60 credits of college coursework, but they will not receive the benefits of the TCC2FAMU program. Transfer applicants with less than 60 hours (without an AA) must submit college transcripts, high school transcripts, and SAT/ACT scores. If you transfer to FAMU without your AA degree, you will be required to complete FAMU’s liberal studies requirements. The FAMU Admissions Office has additional information for transfer students.
What if I complete my AS degree at TCC?
The AA is the University General Transfer degree, and therefore, AS degrees will not meet the requirements to transfer to FAMU.