Start Here, Finish at FAMU
TCC is the No. 1 Transfer School to Florida A&M University.
We make it easy for you to start at TCC and finish at FAMU with the IGNITE program. Enjoy a seamless transfer along with the Tallahassee college experience you’ve been looking forward to. Only 10 minutes from FAMU’s campus, TCC students live with FAMU students in off-campus housing. While at TCC, you’ll have the support you need to stay on track, like TCC and FAMU academic advisors, academic maps for your intended FAMU major, priority advising sessions, and IGNITE guarantees your admission to FAMU when you earn an AA at TCC.*
* Limited access programs may require additional admissions and prerequisite requirements.
Don't Miss FAMU Day
Join us Tuesday, February 27, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Student Union Ballroom to meet with FAMU representatives on TCC's campus. Get your questions answered and learn more about transferring to FAMU.
- One-on-one advising with transfer-focused TCC advisors
- FAMU advising is available. Monthly schedule available on MYTCC website
- Transfer information for students who plan on applying for a limited-access program at FAMU
- Students with at least 50 credit hours and a GPA of 3.0 can get an IGNITE Card and free access to most FAMU activities, including campus recreation and Rattler athletic events.
- If eligible to receive the IGNITE Card, IGNITE at TCC students can also purchase a Gym Membership at FAMU.
Florida Community College Scholarship
The Florida Community College Scholarship is available to IGNITE students who meet the criteria.
IGNITE at TCC Checklist
Review IGNITE Curriculum Maps
Look over the IGNITE at TCC program Curriculum Maps specifically for TCC to make sure you stay on track while completing your A.A.
Living In Tallahassee
Tallahassee is both Florida's state capital and a true college town with three major institutions of higher learning, and TCC is two miles from FAMU's campus. With our proximity to FAMU, fantastic weather, an impressive array of parks and green spaces, vibrant art and music scene, award-winning restaurants, and low cost of living, you’ll love living here along with 60,000 college students who call Tallahassee home.
Parents and families, we know that sending your student off to college isn’t easy, but we’re here to give you peace of mind. Tallahassee is often ranked as one of the top college towns in the nation and featured on many lists of good "medium-sized cities" to live in.
Discover the clubs, academic enrichment opportunities, the arts and cultural events, and the campus recreation and sports TCC offers. Get involved in our Student Life culture.Explore How You Can Get Involved