Steps to TCC
A transient student (or "guest student") is a student who is enrolled at one college, but taking classes at another that will count toward their degree at their home institution. Generally, this happens when students don't live near their home college over the summer but want to take a class or two to speed up the obtainment of their degree, or if for some reason they can't take a class at their home institution that they need to graduate. Follow these steps below to get started at TCC.
Download the Transient Student Instructions
Apply for Admission
First-time, out-of-state students should complete the online admission application.
In-state students should apply through the Florida Department of Education portal at www.Floridashines.org.
Submit a Transient Letter
Register for Classes
- (Optional) Complete the Online Orientation (you will need to have your TCC ID number)
- Register for approved transient courses online via Workday.
- Questions? Contact us at (850) 201-8555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the Admissions and Records Office located on the second floor of the Student Union.
Transient Student Taking Classes at TCC
Students who are earning their degree from another institution but are taking classes at TCC are considered transient students for financial aid purposes. As a transient student, please be aware of the following:
· You cannot receive financial aid at both schools. Financial aid must be awarded by the institution from which you are earning your degree. This can only be accomplished through a Consortium Agreement issued by the degree-granting school. Students should contact their degree-granting school for further instructions.
· You must pay out-of-pocket for classes at TCC
· Consortium Agreements from the degree-granting school will not be completed until after the add/drop period for the appropriate term at TCC. Attendance must be verified before the agreement will be completed. The add/drop dates can be found on TCC’s Important Dates and Deadlines webpage.