Financial Aid Information for Transfer Students

How to Apply as a Transfer Student Click here


Students transferring to TCC from another institution such as a college, university, or trade school are considered transfer students. Transfer students who wish to receive financial aid should be aware of the following requirements:


1. Transfer students must be fully admitted, degree-seeking students and have a complete Admissions and Records file before financial aid will be awarded. This includes the submission and evaluation of transcripts from high school and all previously attended colleges, universities or technical centers. Once transcripts have been evaluated and posted to your academic record, then the Financial Aid Office will determine if you meet TCC’s Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress for Financial Aid. Students who do not meet TCC’s established standards will not be eligible for financial aid.

2. TCC’s Financial Aid Office will be able to access your FAFSA if you included TCC as a college of choice to receive your FAFSA. If TCC was not listed on your FAFSA, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1 (800) 433-3243. TCC’s school code is: 001533.

3. Transfer students who had Federal Direct Loan(s) at their previous institution may have to ask that institution to cancel their loan(s) before the lender will issue a new loan for use at TCC. Transfer students who are awarded a Federal Direct Subsidized or Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan must complete Entrance Counseling prior to receiving the first disbursement, even if Entrance Counseling was completed at another institution. Entrance Counseling can be completed online at

4. Students who have received Bright Futures Scholarships, should contact the Florida Department of Education Office of Student Financial Assistance at 1 (888) 827-2004 to notify them of the change in your post-secondary school to Tallahassee Community College.

5. TCC’s refund policies may differ from your previously attended school. Please visit the Cashier's Office Refunds webpage for more information.