STAY IN STATUS
As an international student, you are required by law to adhere to the following criteria:
- Have a valid passport. Do not let your passport expire.
- Attend the school that you are authorized to attend on your Form I-20.
- F-1 visa holders must enroll in a full-course load during the fall and spring academic periods. This means that you must take at least 12 units during the fall and spring academic periods.
- You cannot audit or withdraw from courses without prior permission from your ISS advisor.
- Only one online or distance learning class is allowed each academic period.
- Be aware of your program completion date on your I-20. Please meet with an ISS advisor if you need to request an extension to your Form I-20.
- Students are limited to 20 hours per week of on-campus employment when school is in session.
- AVOID UNAUTHORIZED EMPLOYMENT. Regulations restrict international students from working off-campus.
- Notify the ISS if you intend to transfer to another school.
- If you change your address, name, or phone number, you must notify the ISS office and update your information in Workday within 10 days of the change.
- Within 60 days of completing the course of study, you must transfer to another school or leave the United States.
- If you plan to travel outside of the United States, please visit the ISS to ensure that your travel documents are valid.